calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Automated website builds
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 01:04:19 GMT
A few months ago, I raised the possibility to automating our website
builds, so that we will not need to manually build the site on our
machines and push it to the calcite-site repository.

I've been quite busy and haven't been able to look into it, however I am
planning to look into in the next few weeks.

In generally, I think this is quite doable if we run the website build
on the git-websites node, however I'd like to look at what's installed
on those nodes and whether docker is available. It would also be a good
opportunity to run some test builds and I also have a few proposal
regarding the way websites are currently being built that I'd like to
confirm and test first.

If it's okay, I'd like to create a test-site branch on calcite,
calcite-avatica and calcite-avatica-go as well as calcite-site,
calcite-avatica-site and calcite-avatica-go-site jobs on Jenkins to test
the waters.

Please let me know if this is okay.

Francis