calcite-dev mailing list archives

From "Haisheng Yuan" <h.y...@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Parallel parameterized unit tests
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2019 20:56:44 GMT
I am inclining to change threadCount to 4, then see how it works in CI, at least it solves
the problem on my laptop.

If the problem still shows up in CI, or it solves the problem but makes the CI test much slower,
I would rather tear up the parameterized test case.

- Haisheng Yuan------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Haisheng Yuan<h.yuan@alibaba-inc.com>
日 期:2019年06月04日 02:28:40
收件人:Julian Hyde<jhyde@apache.org>; dev<dev@calcite.apache.org>
主 题:Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Parallel parameterized unit tests

> Am I correct that this problem only shows up on machines with 1 CPU?

No, my laptop has 2 CPUs, it still shows up.

Thanks ~
Haisheng Yuan
发件人:Julian Hyde<jhyde@apache.org>
日 期:2019年06月04日 01:56:56
收件人:dev<dev@calcite.apache.org>
主 题:Re: [DISCUSS] Parallel parameterized unit tests

Am I correct that this problem only shows up on machines with 1 CPU?

Such machines exist in virtualization environments (e.g. Travis) but the machines we use for
everyday development have multiple CPUs. So, could we add a parameter so that we can turn
off parallel tests only in CI?

My goal is to avoid a drop in speed and test coverage while we wait for a workaround.

Julian