calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Rui Wang <amaliu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Keep 'master' branch closed after 1.23 release until we address the PR backlog
Date Wed, 13 May 2020 19:51:54 GMT
Not saying my opinion of whether supporting this proposal or not, but just
add something to the proposal itself:

There is a need to have a person (likely the release manager :-)) to check
"fix in 1.23" Jira list to identify which Jira has a promising PR, and then
create a much smaller Jira list (by removing 1.23.0 from the fix version
from those non-promising Jiras). So the re-open of the Calcite master
branch will depend on cleaning up that Jira list, by either merging PRs and
closing Jiras, or changing that "fix in 1.23" because maybe the PR owner is
not active.

Basically if Calcite community goes in the direction of closing the master
branch, then there should be a reasonable criteria that when the master
branch can be re-open, and a manager to enforce Calcite meets that criteria.

-Rui