calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite 1.23.0
Date Mon, 11 May 2020 17:44:07 GMT
If it’s a release candidate there’s at least a 50% chance it will turn into a release.
So the release notes should be in good shape. You can make tweaks afterwards.

How about making a “release candidate” and tell reviewers that there is no chance it will
be released? You can call it RC0 if you like.

Even then, release notes help me review a release candidate, so you will get better feedback
if you have a first iteration of release notes.

Can you make sure that https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/a2b8a7a <https://github.com/apache/calcite/commit/a2b8a7a>
has been applied to master? Danny assured me he’d fix the tag names but a few weeks ago
it didn’t look like it had been fixed.

Julian

> On May 11, 2020, at 9:06 AM, Haisheng Yuan <hyuan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Quick question, does the RC0 need to have fully updated history.md?
>
> On 2020/05/11 13:51:53, Haisheng Yuan <hyuan@apache.org> wrote:
>> Oops, thanks for reminding. lol
>>
>> On 2020/05/11 09:41:33, Stamatis Zampetakis <zabetak@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Previously you mentioned:
>>> ~/vlsi-release-plugins ❯❯❯ ./gradlew prepareVote -Prc=0
>>>
>>> Just to be sure for releasing Calcite you should execute ./gradlew
>>> prepareVote -Prc=0 in calcite directory (not in vlsi-release-plugins).

FAILED

set a

[1] that
include [2] in