chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop's attempt directory logs
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 02:03:25 GMT
This can be setup by using TaskLogAppender that comes with Chukwa.
In $HADOOP_CONF_DIR/log4j.properties, modify the TaskLogAppender configuration
to:

log4j.appender.TLA=org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.TaskLogAppender

Make sure chukwa-0.x.0-client.jar is in Hadoop class path, and restart Hadoop.

This should enable Task Attempt Logs to be sent through Chukwa data
collection system, and also log a copy locally on the task tracker
node.  Hope this is what you are looking for.

regards,
Eric