chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa RPM does not create user "chukwa"
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:02:08 GMT
In theory, the headless user should be added by RPM.  At the time the
code was developed, the company that we worked for had centralized
LDAP.  Hence, it was neglected from RPM installation.  Please file a
jira, and we will fix it in the next minor release.  Thanks.

regards,
Eric

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Noel Duffy <noel.duffy@sli-systems.com> wrote:
> The rpm built by "ant rpm" from Chukwa 0.4.0 attempts to set ownership of all installed
files to user "chukwa", but it does not create this user account or test whether it exists
before performing the installation. Is this deliberate, or should the rpm add the user first?