chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZIP format/ S3 storage system support
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:38:00 GMT
Chukwa is designed to tail log files, and stream delta to HDFS as soon as
the log is written.  There is artificial delay put in place of a few
milliseconds to throttle CPU usage.  We haven't done much performance
analysis, but there is probably a lot room for optimizations to make Chukwa
faster.  It will be interesting to see support for compressed logs, and
patches are welcome.

regards,
Eric