cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andy Coates <andy.coa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Identifying a VM's ROOT disk offering via the database
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 14:12:30 GMT
Hi Sanjay,

That may be the case, but how do you identify what Disk Offering those ROOT
disks are based on?

After you create a VM you can identify its Service Offering, but not its
Disk Offering - and that's what I'm trying to establish here.

Some of our Disk Offerings use SATA disks, some use SAS, or even Fiber
Channel.  When a VM is created from an ISO you can choose the Disk
Offering, but where is that information stored afterwards?  Likewise if I
made a template of that new VM's disk, would it continue to use the same
Disk Offering the original VM was made on, and where can I identify that?

Andy.