cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: dreaded 'there is no secondary storage vm for ...'
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:28:58 GMT
Did you by chance configure the 'Storage' network when you created the Zone

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: sebgoa [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 October 2013 14:13
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: dreaded 'there is no secondary storage vm for ...'

On Oct 2, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Sebastien,
>
> If the web server hosting the template is on the same network as the management server,
you need to configure  the following global setting with the IP range

> secstorage.allowed.internal.sites

I did that thanks, but my secondary storage is not mounted in the ssvm.

I can mount it by hand, the ssvm is up, yet I get:

> There is no secondary storage VM for secondary storage host nfs://192.168.38.100/export/secondary

-sebastien

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

network without outside connectivity.

> I am serving a template from that private network.
> From the ssvm I can ping the mgt server and the hypervisor, I can also mount the secondary
storage by hand.

> However it does not get mounted automatically and when I try to register the template
I get the dreaded:

> 2013-10-02 05:00:13,407 DEBUG [cloud.api.ApiServlet] (catalina-exec-20:null) ===START===
 172.16.153.1 -- GET  command=registerTemplate&response=json&sessionkey=ErhEwVpkdKXC3br3zZUoAyaFY7E%3D&name=toto&displayText=toto&url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.38.100%3A80%2Ftinylinux.qcow2&zoneid=-1&format=QCOW2&isextractable=false&passwordEnabled=false&osTypeId=278f54ca-29d1-11e3-9b24-000c290705d2&hypervisor=KVM&ispublic=true&isfeatured=true&_=1380715213357