cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Secondary Storage IP Subnet: Is it Optional or Mandatory?
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:56:20 GMT
Hi Rob,

The 'storage' network is indeed optional so your plan to not use it is perfectly valid.

Simply put the NFS server on the management network or ensure there is a route to it via the
management network.

The SSVM will still get a virtual interface dedicated to storage, but it will be assigned
an additional IP address from the management ip range.

There is no need to configure any ip range for storage, and if using the add zone wizard it
will not prompt you for one.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com

On 17 Oct 2013, at 01:08, "Rob C." <ioserve@gmail.com<mailto:ioserve@gmail.com>>