cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: cloud-set-guest-password script for ArchLinux?
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 06:51:26 GMT
On 27-Sep-2013, at 12:22 PM, Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosinski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, did you try any of the existing scripts?  One or more of them will
> probably work as-is or with minor modifications.  The primary
> requirement is to use a compatible DHCP client like the ISC DHCP client
> (dhclient).

Hi Indra,

I took ArchLinux for a spin earlier today and noticed that the default DHCP client is "dhcpcd"
which maintains the lease file in a binary format.

Our choices:

1) See if we can move from dhcpcd to ISC DHCP or
2) Dump the lease file contents and update the cloud-set-guest-password script.

Arch Linux uses systemd instead of the traditional sysinit. The script will need
an overhaul to support systemd also.

[root@ARCH1 var]# cat /var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-eth0.lease
@=>?
?
kc?Sc56
3???????
?
 ARCH1

[root@ARCH1 var]# pacman -Qi dhcpcd
Name           : dhcpcd
Version        : 6.0.5-1
Description    : RFC2131 compliant DHCP client daemon
Architecture   : x86_64
URL            : http://roy.marples.name/projects/dhcpcd/
Licenses       : BSD
Groups         : base
Provides       : dhcp-client
Depends On     : glibc  sh
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : None
Optional For   : netctl
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : None
Installed Size : 285.00 KiB
Packager       : Dave Reisner <dreisner@archlinux.org>
Build Date     : Sat Aug 3 20:50:18 2013
Install Date   : Tue Oct 1 10:25:13 2013
Install Reason : Explicitly installed
Install Script : No
Validated By   : Signature

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055

CloudStack Bootcamp Training on 18/19 September, Bangalore
http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/