cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral" <kristoffer.sheat...@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject re: Virtualizing Cloudstack Manager onto XenServer host
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 21:06:19 GMT
I would always advise having a standalone xenserver cluster for management
purposes.  Typically consisting of 2 hosts to host the cloudstack
management and database servers.

Regards,

 Kristoffer Sheather
 Cloud Central
 Scale Your Data Center In The Cloud

 Phone: 1300 144 007 | Mobile: +61 414 573 130 | Email:
kris@cloudcentral.com.au
 LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon

From: "David Ortiz" <dportiz@outlook.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:46 AM
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Virtualizing Cloudstack Manager onto XenServer host

Hello,
     I am setting up a small test cluster and decided to use XenServer this
time with Cloudstack 4.2.0.  I would like to run the management server on
the cluster, but since XenServer uses its own OS install rather than
CentOS, I believe that means I cannot run the manager on it bare metal like
I would for KVM.  Is it possible for me to create the management server on
a VM which I then would use to connect to the cluster for cloudstack
functionality?
Thanks,      David Ortiz