cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dreaded 'there is no secondary storage vm for ...'
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 13:43:05 GMT

On Oct 2, 2013, at 3:28 PM, Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Did you by chance configure the 'Storage' network when you created the Zone

Found the issue, the host IP of the mgt server was wrong ( I have two interfaces) and the
ssvm was on private network.
Fixed that and the templates are downloading, but it's stuck at 99% in the UI….hunting that
one now

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

you need to configure  the following global setting with the IP range

>> secstorage.allowed.internal.sites
>>

> I did that thanks, but my secondary storage is not mounted in the ssvm.
>
> I can mount it by hand, the ssvm is up, yet I get:
>
>> There is no secondary storage VM for secondary storage host nfs://192.168.38.100/export/secondary
>

> -sebastien
>

>> Regards
>>
>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

network without outside connectivity.

>> I am serving a template from that private network.
>> From the ssvm I can ping the mgt server and the hypervisor, I can also mount the
secondary storage by hand.

>> However it does not get mounted automatically and when I try to register the template
I get the dreaded:

>> 2013-10-02 05:00:13,407 DEBUG [cloud.api.ApiServlet] (catalina-exec-20:null) ===START===
 172.16.153.1 -- GET  command=registerTemplate&response=json&sessionkey=ErhEwVpkdKXC3br3zZUoAyaFY7E%3D&name=toto&displayText=toto&url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.38.100%3A80%2Ftinylinux.qcow2&zoneid=-1&format=QCOW2&isextractable=false&passwordEnabled=false&osTypeId=278f54ca-29d1-11e3-9b24-000c290705d2&hypervisor=KVM&ispublic=true&isfeatured=true&_=1380715213357
>> 2013-10-02 05:00:13,452 WARN  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (catalina-exec-20:null)
There is no secondary storage VM for secondary storage host nfs://192.168.38.100/export/secondary

>> I am at a loss on this one..
>>
>> -sebastien
incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.