cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dreaded 'there is no secondary storage vm for ...'
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 14:55:33 GMT

On Oct 2, 2013, at 3:43 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2013, at 3:28 PM, Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

>> Did you by chance configure the 'Storage' network when you created the Zone
>>

> Found the issue, the host IP of the mgt server was wrong ( I have two interfaces) and
the ssvm was on private network.
> Fixed that and the templates are downloading, but it's stuck at 99% in the UI….hunting
that one now

It works fine if I register an ISO, but for a qcow2 image (KVM hypervisor), the download happens
and completes (file totally downloaded on systemvm mounted secondary storage), but the percentage
completion of the download on the UI is stuck 99%, 84%, 67%….

Any idea why the mgt server would not think that the template has finished downloading ?

>> Regards
>>
>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

server, you need to configure  the following global setting with the IP range

>>> secstorage.allowed.internal.sites
>>>

>> I did that thanks, but my secondary storage is not mounted in the ssvm.
>>
>> I can mount it by hand, the ssvm is up, yet I get:
>>
>>> There is no secondary storage VM for secondary storage host nfs://192.168.38.100/export/secondary
>>

>> -sebastien
>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>>
>>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>>
>>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

I am on ACS 4.1.1

>>> Everything seems fine, the ssvm starts, I can log into it. Everything is on a
private network without outside connectivity.

>>> I am serving a template from that private network.
>>> From the ssvm I can ping the mgt server and the hypervisor, I can also mount
the secondary storage by hand.

>>> However it does not get mounted automatically and when I try to register the
template I get the dreaded:

>>> 2013-10-02 05:00:13,407 DEBUG [cloud.api.ApiServlet] (catalina-exec-20:null)
===START===  172.16.153.1 -- GET  command=registerTemplate&response=json&sessionkey=ErhEwVpkdKXC3br3zZUoAyaFY7E%3D&name=toto&displayText=toto&url=http%3A%2F%2F192.168.38.100%3A80%2Ftinylinux.qcow2&zoneid=-1&format=QCOW2&isextractable=false&passwordEnabled=false&osTypeId=278f54ca-29d1-11e3-9b24-000c290705d2&hypervisor=KVM&ispublic=true&isfeatured=true&_=1380715213357
>>> 2013-10-02 05:00:13,452 WARN  [storage.download.DownloadMonitorImpl] (catalina-exec-20:null)
There is no secondary storage VM for secondary storage host nfs://192.168.38.100/export/secondary

>>> I am at a loss on this one..
>>>
>>> -sebastien
>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.