cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Luca Salvatore <L...@ninefold.com>
Subject Network offering for GRE
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 23:15:37 GMT
I'm trying to test getting cloudstack 4.1 to build some GRE tunnels between zones.
I have two zones and a Xen server in each.  I have sdn.ovs.controller set to true and separate
physical interfaces configured for management traffic and GRE traffic.
When I deploy a VM in each zone I can see interfaces on the VMs called OVSTunnel… So I think
it is all working well.

I want to overlay a layer 2 network across a layer 3 network, but just not sure how cloudstack
does this.  It doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
Do I need to create some type of special network service offering to make this happen?  The
only 'virtual networking' options I see is Nicira and BigSwitch.
For it to be layer 2, would I need to have each zone using the same subnet? Or should I assign
a second NIC to each VM for the purpose of the GRE?

Thanks