cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: cloudstack4.2.0 network configuration - ssvm has no IP
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 05:15:36 GMT
Hi,

While creating a zone you must specify guest and management traffic with ip ranges from your
primary network.
If you want to use dedicated storage network then add the storage traffic to physical network
(during zone creation) and specify ip range from your second network.
This should work find.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: raj kumar [mailto:rajkumar600003@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:39 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: cloudstack4.2.0 network configuration - ssvm has no IP

Hi,

I'd like to use basic network configuration. No vlans in the network.

I've two networks. one is primary used for all cloudstack servers(guest, system vms, management
server, hypervisor, etc).

another one is connected to storage. only hypervisors(kvm) have access to this network.

my questions.
1. what should be my network configuration in hypervisors. I've used eth0, and cloudstack
automatically created cloud0, cloudbr0, etc.
2. Even though ssvm is up, it didn't get any IP. Hence I could not connect the console from
web or can't add any iso.

please let me know what should be my configuration and how to fix the ssvm issue.