cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: change of Public IP range
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 17:28:27 GMT

Geoff,

Many thanks.

I thought that it would not be easy, but it doesn't sound that bad. I've previously changed
the internal IPs using database changes, so it looks likes a very similar procedure apart
from the restart of the networks / VRs.

Thanks for the tip

Andrei
----- Original Message -----

From: "Geoff Higginbottom" <geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, 6 February, 2014 5:07:00 PM
Subject: RE: change of Public IP range

I was running a cloudstack bootcamp course last week and this very issue came up as we had
to use a new CIDR for the Public traffic.

Unfortunately the simple answer is that there is no official way of achieving this, but it
can be achieved via some database 'manipulation'

You first need to add the new Public IP Range, then locate the records for the System VMs
and Virtual Routers and update them so they point at the new IPs and not the old ones, then
restart all of them.

Once the old Public IPs are no longer in use, you will be able to remove them from the UI.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com