cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject ACS + KVM + GRE + Infiniband
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:46:21 GMT
Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to setup an infinband network for
the guests using KVM hypervisor. In particular,, I am looking at providing guest vms with
the IPoIB interface which is available on the KVM hypervisor hosts. The current implementation
of IPoIB support in Linux does not allow for bridging over the infiniband interface, so you
can't really create a bridge interface, feed it to ACS and let vm guests use the high speed
network. If I understand correctly, there should be a way to use network segmentation with
GRE tunnelling, which should not need the creation of bridge interfaces. If this is so, I
should be able to utilise IPoIB network interface with GRE separation as the guest network.

Has anyone attempted to do something similar?

Another question, does ACS advanced networking support the functionality of having two or
more different network types within one zone/pod/cluster? For instance, could I have two guest
network offerings, one with vlan separation over ethernet and another with GRE separation
over IPoIB interface?

Cheers

Andrei