cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Reátegui <car...@reategui.com>
Subject Re: Change IP subnet of cluster
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 05:59:13 GMT
Not sure if it is related but I see 2 entries in the mshost for my same server but with different
msid.  Both show as ‘Up’.  In reading the table comments it seems the msid is based on
the MAC.  I am guessing this may be due to using a bond and that it may be have selected a
different NIC to get the bond MAC from.  Is it ok to have both of these entries?  Should I
mark the old one as Down?

Along these lines is there something similar with the hosts and that is why the MS is having
problems connecting to them, ie. the MACs don’t match?

thanks,
Carlos

On Jul 24, 2014, at 3:35 PM, Carlos Reategui <carlos@reategui.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Had to move one of my clusters to a new subnet but it is not working (e.g. 192.168.1.0/24
to 10.100.1.0/24).  These are the steps I took:

> Environment: CS 4.1.1 on Ubuntu 12.04, XenServer 6.1, Shared NFS SR.
>
> 1) stopped all instances using cloudstack UI
> 2) stop cloudstack-management service on MS
> 3) Used XenCenter to kill the system VMs (no other instances running)
> 4) Created backup of cloud db.
> 5) Followed http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX123477 and successfully changed the
IP of hosts.  According to XenCenter everything is good including SR.
> 6) Changed IP of MS
> 7) verified communication between MS and Hosts using ssh and ping with new IPs.
> 8) used sed to search and replace all old IPs with new IPs in cloud backup sql file (e.g.
sed -i.bak 's/192.168.1./10.100.1./g' clouddb.sql).
> 9) visually verified all diffs in the sql file and made sure no references to 192.168
left.
> 10) loaded up new sql
> 11) search all files under /etc on MS for old IP. found and edited: /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties
> 12) start cloudstack-management service on MS
>
> Unfortunately things are not working.  The MS is apparently unable to connect to the
hosts but I can not figure out why from the logs.

> Logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5glxrbyatmsoug/management-server.log
>
> Any help recovering is appreciated.  I do not want to have to re-install and create/import
template for each of the instance VHDs.