cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Reategui <create...@gmail.com>
Subject Cloudstack re-install/migrate
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 01:36:49 GMT
Given the issues I am having looks like my best option is going to be to
redeploy my Cloudstack install.  I am looking for best practices for
migrating an existing deployment.

My thoughts are to do the following:
1) shutdown all instances.  Luckily I only have 21 of them.
2) shutdown management server
3) backup primary storage, secondary storage, cloud db
4) export all disks (root and data
- either copy the associated VHD (if no chains) or export using xencenter
5) Fresh install of XenServer 6.2 (part of my current prob is that current
6.0.2 kernel is not supported by CSP)
6) Remove Cloudstack:
- apt-get remove/purge
- delete known file paths
- remove cloud/could_usage dbs
- clear secondary storage
7) Reinstall Cloudstack 4.3 (or 4.4)
- re-create of offerings and users
- configure AWS (this is also another reason to reinstall as the docs say I
can't get this with an upgrade)
8) Import each of my previous instance vhds as templates under correct user
9) create new instances (delete template after?)
10) import data disks and attach those to instances.

Thoughts?  Has anyone else gone through this before?

thanks,
Carlos