cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mārtiņš Jakubovičs <mart...@vertigs.lv>
Subject About secondary storage
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 12:08:16 GMT
Hello,

I am testing volume snapshots and templates and I want to understand how
volume snapshots and templates utilize accounts secondary storage's limits.
For example, I got instance with ROOT disk 20 GB. I create 3 snapshots
of ROOT volume and from one of snapshot - template. Account got
secondary storage limit 30 GB.
In database I can see, that each snapshot size is 20 GB, so all 3
snapshots together is 60 GB + template = 80 GB. How is possible, that I
create all this stuff in quota with only 30 GB? Of course, on secondary
storage NFS share it self there is much less size of snapshots and
templates, but I want to understand how cloudstack check this sizes.

Thanks.