cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject customize DNS domain names
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:33:54 GMT
Hi, All:

I have been reading on CS admin guide (latest one is for 4.2.0) about customizing DNS domains
:  https://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Admin_Guide/customizing-dns.html

After trying it out,  I came to the conclusion that this section applies only to isolated
networks.  Is this correct?

I am using advanced networking with SecurityGroup (CS version 4.3.2),  and my VM instances
get their DNS domains from: 1) guest network’s own network domain setting, if one is set,
or 2) global setting guest.domain.suffix. Network domain setting for zones, domains or accounts
do not seem to change how instances get their DNS domain names.

I have a guest network shared by multiple domains,  I would like instances on this network
be assigned different DNS domains depending on which domain the instance belongs to.  Is this
doable with shared networks?

Thanks

Yiping