cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Cluster level OS Preference
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 07:14:18 GMT
Hi Martin,

I don't believe there is a way to set this on a per cluster basis - your
only option is to set on a per host basis.

Also keep in mind this is a *preference* - not a hard and fast rule, hence
the workload on your hosts play a part. In other words - if your Windows
preference hosts are busy then Windows VMs will start elsewhere, and vice
versa. If you also have set these OS preferences after VMs where powered
up CloudStack will not rebalance the cluster to meet your OS preferences.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 31/08/2015 14:26, "M?rti?š Jakubovičs" <martins@vertigs.lv> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is this possible to create cluster level OS preference (same as host's
>OS preference)? I would be happy to create two different clusters, one
>for windows, and second for linux instances.
>Right now, if I have two clusters and in one all hosts have same OS
>preference (for example - Windows), CentOS machines starts on that
>cluster anyway, and windows machines start on second cluster, which have
>CentOS OS preference.
>
>Is there any workaround?
>
>Best regards,
>Martins