cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Cristian Ciobanu" <cristia...@istream.today>
Subject Re: CloudStack Network configuration
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 19:23:15 GMT
Thanks for clarification, the best option for me will be the Basic networking.

Can you help me with this ?

Regards,
Cristian

On 9/3/2015 10:18:12 PM, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:
Both types will allow you to have public traffic, but in different ways.

- Basic is the typical flat network, aka Amazon EC2, where each VM get its
own public ipaddress.
The downside is that the max size of your cloud is equal to your ip pool
(minus a few to system vms).

- Advanced is isolated in one way or another, the typical is VLAN but other
options exist, where tenant networks are behind source nat. This
drastically reduces the necessarity of public ips, but means you have to
deal with port forwarding and such. If you plan on using VLAN, the size of
your cloud is limited by the number of VLANS available and the number of
public IPs (each tenant use a minimum of one).

--
Erik