cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Joseph <t.jos...@imperial.ac.uk>
Subject Re: SSVM + Secondary storage failure
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:08:15 GMT
Hi Timothy,

   Thanks for your help. I had already conducted all the possible troubleshooting techniques
before dropping an email to the group.
I was able to resolve the issue few minutes back by dropping the cloud mysql db and restoring
it with the last working copy.

--
best wishes,
Thomas Joseph

On 13/10/15 13:08, Timothy Lothering wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I had a similar scenario (albeit not a crashed SS Server). My SS is using NFS, server
went down due to FC failure.

> 1. Confirm that the SS is online and reachable - Test with external mount etc.
> 2. Check out https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
for additional troubleshooting steps

> Hope this helps.
> Timothy Lothering
> Solutions Architect
> Managed Services
>
> T: +27877415535
> F: +27877415100
> C: +27824904099
> E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za
>

> DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
>
> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix
Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
> ('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged
and protected by law. Datacentrix does not
> own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless
clearly stated as being that of Datacentrix.
> The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the
sender immediately if it has unintentionally
> reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot
assure that the integrity of this communication
> has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

"Timeout waiting for response from storage host".