cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CCC EU
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:32:24 GMT
Sebastian

Thanks for the update, too bad we could not make it.

We will plan better next time..

Regards
ilya

On 10/12/15 4:14 AM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> CCC Dublin 2015 is over and we had a blast.
>
> Thanks to our sponsors who helped make this happen:
> Citrix, Cloud Foundry foundation, Nuage Networks, Shapeblue, Cloudian, Solidfire, ikoula,
LPI-Japan, PC Extreme and Cloud Ops.

> A few take aways:
>
> 1-We had 150 people at the event, which is clearly lower than previous events. Mesos
Conference EU which was just upstairs from us also brought in 150 people, and the entire Linuxcon
1500. Getting 10% of the whole of Linuxcon is quite good when you think of the breadth of
that community.

> 2-For 2016, we announced CCC Latin America in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The community is booming
over there and we are all excited to plan that event. Assuming we all find the budget, we
should all meet up there.

> 3-LPI-Japan announced a CloudStack certification exam in english. We will distribute
a code on the mailing lists. With the code if you take the exam, our project will get 33%
of the proceeds. LPI-Japan and Shapeblue teamed up to make this happen.

> 4-Pierre-Luc Dion and Erik Weber won the Docker challenge. PL gave a presentation about
his solution and Erik put it on github https://github.com/terbolous/cloudstack-docker-compose.
Packaging CloudStack as containers is an interesting idea going forward.

> 5-We had several discussions around our new release process, testing and PR reviews.
Expect a separate email summarizing these discussions and a proposal to move forward soon.

> I expect all videos to be online in the coming weeks. If you gave a talk you can upload
your slides through the linuxcon portal or put them on slideshare and tweet about it.