cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack Logging
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:22:15 GMT
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Paul Angus <paul.angus@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> Hey Daan,
>
> I understand from a purists point of view, but to me messages like:
>
> INFO  [c.c.h.v.r.VmwareResource] (DirectAgentCronJob-113:ctx-56d9f9f2)
> Scan hung worker VM to recycle
>
> Are part of the inner workings of cloudstack, and only a developer is
> going to do anything with this information.
> Unless we can add another category like INFO-INTERNAL between DEBUG and
> INFO, a message like this is probably technically INFO, from anyone's
> practical point of view, its DEBUG.

​
There is nothing purist about it. ACS is freeing resources which is a
process taking resources. It is information important to an operator, maybe
not every operator has a process using every bit of information. That
doesn't mean it is not important. On one hand, you can always filter it in
your monitoring or searching. On the other hand, if it doesn't mean
anything to you it might mean that the phrasing is bad and should improve.
​

--
Daan