cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Anshul Gangwar <anshul.gang...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Bug in Snapshot Retention?
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 05:05:19 GMT
Are you getting any exception in logs after the completion of snapshot for this volume?

 If so try changing “job.cancel.threshold” global setting to appropriate timeout. This
will make sure that job is not completed before the snapshot process is finished and will
also make sure that cleanup process is not failing. This setting will affect all the jobs.

Regards,
Anshul

> On 20-Apr-2016, at 6:24 AM, Sean Lair <slair@ippathways.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running Cloudstack 4.8 on XenServer 6.5.   I have one volume that I'm taking snapshots
of, it is set to keep a total of 29 snapshots, but I have close to 100 snapshots in the state
of "BackedUp".  Am I misinterpreting the scheduled snapshot screen or am I running into a
bug?  Please see the output below for more detail:

> [cid:image004.jpg@01D19A75.2310A6C0]
>
> MariaDB [cloud]> select count(status) from snapshots where volume_id = 71 and status
= 'backedup';
> | count(status) |
> |            98 |
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)