cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Melnik <v.mel...@uplink.ua>
Subject Storage Performance
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2016 16:06:13 GMT
Hello,

I have an ACS-driven environment with a storage subsystem which is built on Gluster over InfiniBand.
The storage shows pretty good performance when I mount a volume on a host and run a simple
test ("dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/tmp/test.1G bs=1G count=1 conv=fdatasync"), it shows about
400 MB/s and that's okay. But when I deploy a virtual machine (I tried it with CentOS-6.8-x64
as a guest OS), I can't gain so good result from inside of a guest (it shows about 40 MB/s
with the same simple test).

What do you think, have I forgotten to do something important when I was seting this environment
up?

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and clues!

--
V.Melnik