cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: networking problem with Windows 7 guest
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 01:25:02 GMT
Hi

Where are you getting you templates from?

I suspect the issue might be with how templates have been created. Try
launching console sessions to both windows and linux and see if you can
ping the gateway.

Regards
ilya

the sample script in page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI#CloudStackcloudmonkeyCLI-Installation

> After that, I have done following tests:
>
> 1.      Add two ISO images as templates, RHEL6.6 and Win7.
>
> 2.      Add ingress & egress rules allowing 'ping' and 'ssh'
>
> 3.      Create a RHEL instance and test 'ping' & 'ssh'.
>
> 4.      Create a Win7 instance and test 'ping'
>
> Before step 4, thing are going as expected. I can ping rhel VM from external of the 'cloud',
and ping external machines from within the rhel VM.
> However, I couldn't do the 'ping' with the Win7 VM. This is strange. Both VMs are in
the same zone, and I created them the same way.
> Does anyone know anything about this 'problem' or did I miss anything? Any help/tips
are appreciated. BTW, I use 4.8 releases.