cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overprovising CPU with XenServer 6.5SP1
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 01:18:06 GMT
With release of ACS 4.3, cloudstack keeps track of previous
overprovisioning values for CPU and MEM. That is done to guarantee the
resources you initially promised when VM was deployed.

I know some people will question this decision, nevertheless, it makes
sense to others - as the feature was implemented.

In order to re-balance all existing VMs CPU over provisioning value with
new values, you need to run a sql on cloudstack mysql db.

In my experience, it would also require restart of CloudStack MS servers
for change to kick in right away.

Backup your mysql db first.

Here is an example of the SQL query one might run:

> update user_vm_details set value=2.25 where name="cpuOvercommitRatio" and vm_id in (SELECT
count(id) FROM cloud.vm_instance where hypervisor_type="KVM" and state not like "Expunging"
and type="User" and pod_id=13);

Note this query increases CPU OverCommit value to 2.25 on all VMs in
pod_id=13. If you want to do it zonewide replace pod_id with
data_center_id="x".

You can look up the zone id in data_center table.

Regards
ilya