cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Langlet <tlang...@ikoula.com>
Subject RE: VPN
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:21:58 GMT
Hello Enzo,

To me the choice between vpn client and vpn site 2 site relies on how many users do you have.

We have started to produce Cloudstack documentations on ikoula.wiki and there is a how to
dedicated to site2site vpn here : https://en.ikoula.wiki/index.php/Create_and_configure_a_vpn_site-to-site_on_the_Public_Cloud

Nb : This is originaly french documentation if you have any questions about it, ask me.

Greetings,

Thomas L | Community manager and customer management.
Support technique - Tel : 0 892 350 503 | Fax : +33 351009236
Service commercial - Tel : 0 890 710 712 | Fax : +33 178763551
Ikoula – 175/177 rue d’Aguesseau - 92100 Boulogne Billancourt - France |www.ikoula.com

-----Message d'origine-----
De : (IMIS) Enzo Bettini [mailto:enzo.b@imisglobal.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 22 septembre 2016 12:31
À : users@cloudstack.apache.org
Objet : VPN

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have additional information related to the Remote Access VPN and the Site to Site
VPN features in CloudStack, apart from what is available within the documentation.

The type of things I'm looking for is configuration examples within CS, and configuration
examples from the client side. The client side is typically Linux based.
There does not seem to be a lot of information related to VPNs and CS.
Is the feature not fully supported yet or something?

When connecting a private cloud to a public cloud, would it be best to:

1) Use a client / server VPN, i.e. have the public cloud be a client connecting to the server
in the private cloud
2) Use a site to site VPN to connect the two sites / clouds

Thanks and Regards,
Enzo