cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Skale Franz <franz.sk...@citycom-austria.com>
Subject Guest Network (new VM) only on one XEN Cluster node !
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 10:08:13 GMT
Hi,

simple but important question.

When creating a VM, the guest network will only be created on one host (clustered XEN 6.5
SP1), only after manual live migration using cloudstack the network will be created on the
second XEN host.

Why ?

I think, when having a clustered environment, the guest network should be created on all participating
cluster nodes just not on only one node.

A practical example:

1.) Cloudstack is down on maintenance

2.) I wanna evacuate all vms using evacuate API call on XEN

3.) Evacuate will not work because not all networks are known to all nodes which is a big
FAIL.

So my simple question, how can i be sure (API call or whatever) that the guest network will
be created on all XEN Cluster nodes w/o writing an own implementation ?

Rgds.

Franz