cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Skale Franz <franz.sk...@citycom-austria.com>
Subject AW: Guest Network (new VM) only on one XEN Cluster node !
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 11:12:54 GMT
Hi Oliver,
that's not exactl the truth, since the network will not be deleted when a VM has been migrated.
I have all networks on all hosts after migration.
They won't be deleted and stay what is exactly what i want  to overcome a storage failover
on a cluster member. (intermittend NFS outages, still investigating where to set the nfs timeout
in XEN).
If it's on the design paper, why the network not vanished on one node, no longer been used
?
Anyhow, i solved my problem with own SW, perhaps anyone out there also uses multinode clustered
ZFS ?
Now it's clear to me that the design is that way and will not change.

Rgds.

Franz

Von: Oliver Dzombic <info@ip-interactive.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 02. Jänner 2017 11:27
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Guest Network (new VM) only on one XEN Cluster node !

Hi Franz,

this is a way you simply dont go.

If your Cloudstack is down, you will simply not evacuate anything
anywhere with XEN Apicalls.

---

Eighter you manage your ressources by cloudstack, then you should not
use another Admintool to execute operations, or you simply do not use it
( at all ).

Its, by softwaredesign, pretty much forward, that no VLANs are created
on hosts, which do not host any VM's needing this specific VLAN's.

As long as the VLAN's are created if a VM of the specific VLAN is
created on the hostmachine, everything is fine.

---

If you wish to have multiple, concurrent Admintools running at the same
time on the same infrastructure, you will have to manually sync their
settings ( by API calls or how ever ).

Happy new year !

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:info@ip-interactive.de

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic

Steuer Nr.: 35 236 3622 1
UST ID: DE274086107

Am 02.01.2017 um 11:08 schrieb Skale Franz:
> Hi,
>
> simple but important question.
>
> When creating a VM, the guest network will only be created on one host (clustered XEN
6.5 SP1), only after manual live migration using cloudstack the network will be created on
the second XEN host.

> Why ?
>
> I think, when having a clustered environment, the guest network should be created on
all participating cluster nodes just not on only one node.

> A practical example:
>
> 1.) Cloudstack is down on maintenance
>
> 2.) I wanna evacuate all vms using evacuate API call on XEN
>
> 3.) Evacuate will not work because not all networks are known to all nodes which is a
big FAIL.

> So my simple question, how can i be sure (API call or whatever) that the guest network
will be created on all XEN Cluster nodes w/o writing an own implementation ?