cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Dzombic <i...@ip-interactive.de>
Subject Re: Guest Network (new VM) only on one XEN Cluster node !
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 10:27:27 GMT
Hi Franz,

this is a way you simply dont go.

If your Cloudstack is down, you will simply not evacuate anything
anywhere with XEN Apicalls.

---

Eighter you manage your ressources by cloudstack, then you should not
use another Admintool to execute operations, or you simply do not use it
( at all ).

Its, by softwaredesign, pretty much forward, that no VLANs are created
on hosts, which do not host any VM's needing this specific VLAN's.

As long as the VLAN's are created if a VM of the specific VLAN is
created on the hostmachine, everything is fine.

---

If you wish to have multiple, concurrent Admintools running at the same
time on the same infrastructure, you will have to manually sync their
settings ( by API calls or how ever ).

Happy new year !

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:info@ip-interactive.de

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic

Steuer Nr.: 35 236 3622 1
UST ID: DE274086107

Am 02.01.2017 um 11:08 schrieb Skale Franz:
> Hi,
>
> simple but important question.
>
> When creating a VM, the guest network will only be created on one host (clustered XEN
6.5 SP1), only after manual live migration using cloudstack the network will be created on
the second XEN host.

> Why ?
>
> I think, when having a clustered environment, the guest network should be created on
all participating cluster nodes just not on only one node.

> A practical example:
>
> 1.) Cloudstack is down on maintenance
>
> 2.) I wanna evacuate all vms using evacuate API call on XEN
>
> 3.) Evacuate will not work because not all networks are known to all nodes which is a
big FAIL.

> So my simple question, how can i be sure (API call or whatever) that the guest network
will be created on all XEN Cluster nodes w/o writing an own implementation ?