cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Stratostack Billing Portal
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:19:20 GMT
Hi Nathan,

I actually wasn't aware of this project, it looks pretty interesting, especially on the billing
side. I'd suggest you may also want to send an email to the dev list for feedback.

- Si

________________________________
From: Nathan Bowyer <nbowyer@seredan.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:25 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Stratostack Billing Portal

Hello everyone,

I am the primary author of the Stratostack billing portal system (stratostack.org<http://stratostack.org>
/ github.com/1stel/stratostack-portal<http://github.com/1stel/stratostack-portal>).
 Recently I've been looking at restarting active development of the project, but I wanted
some community feedback on the project.  Is this project, or what the project could be, useful
to the community?  Is it something you want and are interested in?

Stratostack was originally designed to also support a reseller model of IaaS services.  That
is, a Cloud Provider could turn up the part of Stratostack that generates usable billing records,
and then another entity could turn up the portal side and sell those services at some markup.
 Is that model even viable and worth continuing to support?  Several of the design decisions
about the project were heavily influenced by this decision.

Last, if you have any questions about the project I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

Nathan