cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Erik Weber <terbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Guest Network (new VM) only on one XEN Cluster node !
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2017 10:18:28 GMT
On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 11:08 AM, Skale Franz <
franz.skale@citycom-austria.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> simple but important question.
>
> When creating a VM, the guest network will only be created on one host
> (clustered XEN 6.5 SP1), only after manual live migration using cloudstack
> the network will be created on the second XEN host.
>
> Why ?

I didn't make this, but I'm pretty sure it was by design.

> [snip]
>

> So my simple question, how can i be sure (API call or whatever) that the
> guest network will be created on all XEN Cluster nodes w/o writing an own
> implementation ?

I'm not sure if this is currently possible, but perhaps someone with
knowledge of the XenServer networking code could comment on the difficulty
to make it optionable to create networks on all hosts?

--
Erik