cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Kudryavtsev <kudryavtsev...@bw-sw.com>
Subject Re: Cloud Utilization
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:15:53 GMT
Hello, Ghaith.

I think ACS doesn't support this easily, but It still can be achieved. The
second part of your demand is quite simple and probably can be achieved
with just API VM list call and additional information from the database,
but the first one is out of ACS features obviosly.

I just would like to direct you to a half-step solution which can be
extended to achieve desired outcome.
I don't know what hypervisor you use, but our the solution is for KVM.

Take a look at https://github.com/bwsw/cs-pulse-sensor - this is libvirt
sensor which stores metrics for all VMs to the InfluxDB database which
later can be asked for time-series like "show me VMs with low CPU
utilization for a period of time" and further stop that VM with API. We
also have https://github.com/bwsw/cs-pulse-server/tree/develop which shows
how to request the database and get CPU utilization results.

Unfortunately, I don't use other hypervisors and they probably require
other sensors than libvirt.

So, finally, it's not so difficult to implement the feature you need but
requires a custom development.
Still, if you need that custom development, please contact me and we can
discuss.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.