cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <christian.nieph...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Modifying a service offering in the cloudstack DB
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:54:30 GMT
Dear all,

as there is no means to modify an existing Cloudstack Service Offering neither  via Cloudstack
API nor with the GUI, I’m wondering what would happen if the CPU speed of the service offerings
is changed directly in the cloud DB (table service_offering). Does this have any impact on
existing VMs? Would this be a valid way to modify an existing Service Offering?

We did some very brief test and it seem to work fine, but before doing the change in our production
environment I’d like to know if anyone else has done something similar?

The reason why I’m trying to do this is as follows:
In all our Service Offerings for user VMs we have set the CPU Speed to 1999 Mhz. Unfortunately,
the CPUs of our most recent hosts only provide 1995 MHz, leading to the situation that no
VM is deployed on these servers as the hosts do not have the proper cpu capability (speed
1995 is provided but 1999 is required).

Cheers, Christian

PS: We’re still on Cloudstack 4.5.1