cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Grégoire Lamodière <g.lamodi...@dimsi.fr>
Subject Network architecture
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 20:15:14 GMT
Dear All,

In the process of implementing a new CS advanced zone (4.9.2), I am wondering about the best
network architecture to implement.
Any idea / advice would be highly appreciated.

1/ Each host has 4 networks adapters, 2 x 1 Gbe, 2 x 10 Gbe
2/ The PR Store is nfs based 10 Gbe
3/ The sec Store is nfs based 10 Gbe
4/ Maximum network offering is 1 Gbit to Internet
5/ Hypervisor Xen 7
6/ Hardware Hp Blade c7000

Right now, my choice would be :

1/ Bound the 2 gigabit networks cards and use the bound for mgmt + public
2/ Use 1 10Gbe for storage network (operations on sec Store)
3/ Use 1 10 Gbe for guest traffic (and pr store traffic by design)

This architecture sounds good in terms of performance (using 10 Gbe where it makes sense,
redundancy on mgmt + public with bound).

Another option would be to bound the 2 10 Gbe interfaces, and use Xen Label to manage Storage
and guest on the same physical network. This choice would give us faileover on storage and
guest traffic, but I am wondering if performances would be badly affected.

Do you have any feedback on this ?

Thanks all.

Best Regards.

---