cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Ivan X Yue" <ivan...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Failed to create the 33rd static nat
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2019 06:11:49 GMT
I have a weird problem in CloudStack 4.11.2.  And want to see if there is
any suggestion on how to debug / fix this issue.

I created a VPC network, with one guest network.   I have added 32 VMs,
requested 32 public IPs, and setup static NAT to associate the IP to each
of the VM.  These works without any issue.  However, then I added one more
VM, and request 1 public IP.  When I try to associate the public IP with
the VM, I get the error that it failed to enable the static NAT:

2019-02-07 00:52:41,474 WARN  [c.c.n.r.RulesManagerImpl]
(qtp788117692-1109:ctx-5b6f9e33 ctx-351aca5a) (logid:56d8d140) Failed to
create static nat rule due to
com.cloud.exception.ResourceUnavailableException: Resource [DataCenter:1]
is unreachable: Unable to apply static nat rules on router
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.network.topology.BasicNetworkTopology.applyRules(BasicNetworkTopology.java:403)
        at
org.apache.cloudstack.network.topology.BasicNetworkTopology.applyStaticNats(BasicNetworkTopology.java:245)
        at
com.cloud.network.element.VirtualRouterElement.applyStaticNats(VirtualRouterElement.java:599)
        at
com.cloud.network.IpAddressManagerImpl.applyStaticNats(IpAddressManagerImpl.java:1899)
        at
com.cloud.network.rules.RulesManagerImpl.applyStaticNatForIp(RulesManagerImpl.java:1338)
        at
com.cloud.network.rules.RulesManagerImpl.enableStaticNat(RulesManagerImpl.java:598)

It seems that the virtual route has problem associating the 33rd static
NAT.  We have tried CloudStack 4.9.3 and does not have this problem.

Is there any suggestion on what I should do?

Thanks
Ivan