cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Swen - swen.io" ...@swen.io>
Subject AW: cloud-init password reset issue
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2019 07:48:47 GMT
Hi Fariborz,

take a look at this:
https://gitlab.proio.com/s.brueseke/megonacloudtemplates/blob/master/CentOS/centos7.cfg at
line 235.
As far as I remember there is an issue with cloud-init password reset within cloudstack so
we solved it with this script and using cloud-init per boot option.

cu Swen

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Fariborz Navidan <mdvlinquest@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. April 2019 21:55
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: cloud-init password reset issue

Hi,

I have created a CentOS 7 template with cloud-init installed. It works for the first time
boot. But if I shutdown the VM and request password reset in CloudStack UI, it gives me a
password but on the next boot it does not set the new password. However if I issue "cloud-init
clean " command before shutdown and then request password reset, it works.

Do you know anyway  to force cloud-init to check for existence of new password on every boot?

Best Regards