cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Troubleshooting the Exception "Unable to start VM instance"
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2019 13:19:30 GMT
Hi Peter,

We'd be able to help best if you post a whole unedited chunk of the management log from the
time you attempt to start this VM.  You need to use something like pastebin.com as you can't
add attachments on the mailing lists.

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: peter.muryshkin@zv.fraunhofer.de <peter.muryshkin@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Sent: 29 April 2019 14:00
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: AW: Troubleshooting the Exception "Unable to start VM instance"

Hi, Rakesh,

thanks!

After further digging the logs so far I can find:

Destroying vm VM[User|i-291-77209-VM] as it failed to create on Host with Id:null VM state
transitted from :Stopped to Error with event: OperationFailedToErrorvm's original host id:
null new host id: null host id before state transition: null

Additionally, via the log ID I've found an error which contains some base64 encoding but does
not decode well i.e. base64 exits with an error and outputs something lengthy (2972 chars)
looking like a Java stack trace but with random binary characters.

Error: [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobManagerImpl] (Work-Job-Executor-92:ctx-0c7bb167 job-1027206/job-1027210
ctx-74dde55e) (logid:2477aa66) Complete async job-1027210, jobStatus: FAILED, resultCode:
0, result: rO0ABXNyAC9jb20u.....

What is readable in this "base64" output is (special characters replaced with hyphen or new
line):

com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeExceptionVMOI
csErrorCodexr-java.lang.RuntimeException-detailMessaget
Ljava/lang/String;[
xr-java.lang.Throwable-Lcauset-Ljava/lang/Throwable;L
stackTracet-[Ljava/lang/StackTraceElement;
L-suppressedExceptionst-Ljava/util/Lis

kind regards
Peter