cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Latest Qemu KVM EV appears to be broken with ACS
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:21:09 GMT
Hi Simon,

I'm exploring a solution for the same, I've found that the python based patching script fails
to wait for the message to be written on the unix socket before that the socket is closed.
I reckon this could be related to serial port device handling related changes in qemu-ev 2.12,
as the same mechanism used to work in past versions.

I'm exploring/testing a solution where I replace the python based patching script into a bash
one. Can you test the following in your envrionment (ensure socat is installed), just backup
and replace the patchviasocket.py file with this:

https://gist.github.com/rhtyd/aab23357fef2d8a530c0e83ec8be10c5

The short term solution would be one of the ways to ensure patching works without much change
in the scripts or systemvmtemplate. However, longer term we need to explore and standardize
patching mechanism across all hypervisors, for example by using a small payload via a config
drive iso.

Regards,

Rohit Yadav

Software Architect, ShapeBlue