cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Eric Lee Green <eric.lee.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to Cloudstack 4.11.2 fails *AGAIN*
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 06:48:05 GMT

On 5/21/2019 11:14 PM, Rene Moser wrote:
> Just a suspicion: have you checked, the system VMs actually have
> allocated 512 MB RAM? I remember the systemvm templates had the setting
> to only use 256 MB RAM in previous versions which is too low. IMHO this
> setting must be adjusted manually in the database before the upgrade
> (you can do it while running cloudstack 4.9)

Hmm... during the process of when it was trying to start up the virtual
router, I see this:

 > Trying to allocate a host and storage pools from dc:1,
pod:null,cluster:null, requested cpu: 4000, requested ram: 4294967296

That is not 512 MB of RAM, that is 400MB of ram, but that is still
enough to fire up the VM and the VM did in fact start up. It just didn't
do anything once it started up, it was as if cloud-init was not getting
any input telling it what to do (that big JSON blob that I see flowing
from the management server to the agent to feed to the instance).