cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yipzh...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject questions on cloudstack and VMware hypervisors
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 05:31:28 GMT
Hi, all:

I am creating a new CloudStack 4.11.2.0 instance with VMware hypervisors.   I have some general
questions regarding such a set up:

My first attempt had some errors, so I decided to blow away the CloudStack database and start
from scratch again.  Now when I try to add VMware datacenter to the zone, I receive an error
message saying that: “Failed to add VMware DC to zone due to : This DC is being managed
by other CloudStack deployment. Cannot add this DC to zone”

This sounds like my last try has left something on the datacenter in vCenter so that I can’t
associate it to another zone any more. If this is true, do I have to blow away the datacenter
in vCenter as well to start over again? Is there any way to clean up on the vCenter side without
rebuilding the datacenter?  In hindsight, I should have deleted all CloudStack objects from
web GUI instead of taking the nuclear option of blowing away the database!

A related question,  has anyone used CloudStack ansible module to deploy a complete zone (including
all necessary objects zone/pod/physical networks/cluster/host/primary_storage/secondary_storage
etc)?  If so, would you mind sharing your ansible playbook(s)?

Thanks,

Yiping