cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: questions on cloudstack and VMware hypervisors
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 08:40:00 GMT
Hi Yiping,

See https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.vcenterhost.doc/GUID-EC0F7308-96AE-4089-9DD4-B42AF50AABDC.html

You should find a custom attribute to your virtual DC called something like "cloud.zone" which
I believe you have to wipe before you can re-add it to a new CloudStack instance. If the above
doesn't work you may have to drop to command line and do it with something like PowerCLI.

With regards to deploying a full zone this is part of what Trillian https://github.com/shapeblue/Trillian
does in it's cloudstack-config role - but please be aware this role simply populates a "deployzone.sh"
jinja template with the right options before running this as a normal bash script.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue