cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Eric Lee Green <eric.lee.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrade to Cloudstack 4.11.2 fails *AGAIN*
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 00:51:16 GMT
You may remember me as the person who had to roll back to Cloudstack
4.9.x because Cloudstack 4.11.1 wouldn't start any virtual machines once
I upgraded to it, claiming that there were inadequate resources even
though I had over 150 gigabytes of memory free in my cluster and oodles
of CPU free (and a minimum of 40gb on each node, plenty to start a 512mb
router VM). So now I'm trying to upgrade to Cloudstack 4.11.2 and
*again* it's misbehaving.

The symptom is that my virtual routers when I log into their console
show 4.11.2 but when I look at them in the console they say 'Version:
UNKNOWN'. Also when I try to ssh into their guest IP address or link
local IP address it fails. And when I try to start up a virtual machine
that uses that virtual network, it says "Network unavailable', even
though the router for that network is showing up and running.

Clearly something's broken in the virtual routers but I don't know what
because I can't get into the router virtual machines. How do I get the
console password to get into the router virtual machines? It's encrypted
in the database (duh), how do I decrypt it?