cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Melanie Desaive <m.desa...@heinlein-support.de>
Subject Re: Physical Network Setup and Labels for mixed XenServer / KVM Infrastructure
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 07:59:55 GMT
Hi Andrija,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.08.2019, 17:57 +0200 schrieb Andrija Panic:

> a) I assume you are planning on staying on single "Physical network"
> in ACS?

Yes. But actually I do have to admit, that I am not aware, how more
than one "Physical Network" could be set up for one zone and what that
would mean.

> b) are you planning on reconfiguring your XenServer hosts at all (in
> sense
> of networking) or just thinking adding KVM hosts and defining proper
> KMV
> Traffic Label for each traffic type you have?

Would it be possible to reconfigure the XenServer Host network labels
without taking all XenServer clusters down?

Anyway. I do not plan to reconfigure those. But I do think, that in
case the KVM hosts do their job nicely, it is very likely, that we will
completely replace the XenServer infrastructure by KVM in the future.

> Makes sense to have all 4 traffic types targeting different Traffic
> Labels
> (networks/bridges) - since later you can change your underlying
> NICs/cabling infra to stick in more NICs as you suggested.
> I assume zero difference on switch port configuration - VLAN is a
> VLAN,
> whatever bridge/openvSwitch you use on hosts locally.

Good to hear your opinion. That gives me courage to look into it more
thoroughly and give it a try. ;)

> This would an interesting exercise anyway...

If you like, I keep you informed!

Cheers,

Melanie
Heinlein Support GmbH
Schwedter Str. 8/9b, 10119 Berlin

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 40 50 51 - 62
Fax: 030 / 40 50 51 - 19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 93818 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin