cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jon Marshall <jms....@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: Question about Basic and Advanced Network
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2019 07:20:04 GMT
1) Netscaler provides local balancing functions rather than IPs.  For both basic and advanced
networking you can either assign IPs statically to your VMs or you can use DHCP on your virtual
routers to provide the IPs.

Public vs private IPs , doesn't really make any difference.

2) You can setup your Cloudstack using Adavnced network with Security Groups which is pretty
much basic networking but with multiple subnets/vlans.

However if you use Advanced networking (without Security Groups) then no you cannot have isolated
networks using SG but Advanced networking does support firewalling to isolated and VPC networks.

Jon

________________________________
From: Francisco Germano <fgan1@hotmail.com>
Sent: 11 August 2019 22:51
To: 'users@cloudstack.apache.org' <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Question about Basic and Advanced Network

Greetings,

My team and I are working for open-source software and our next step are to implement an integration
with the Cloudstack. We are implementing the network context and we have some doubts. Could
you help us?

About Basic Network:
1 - A Citrix NetScaler provides public IP, right? Is it possible to control the Public IPs
using just the CloudStack API? If yes, how?

About Advanced Network:
2 - Is it possible to use Security Group in the Isolated Network?

Best regards,
Francisco Germano